AFC NORMANTON EDGE OUT RANGERS IN A GOAL FEAST

 Pre Season Friendly

AFC NORMANTON 5 WOODTHORPE PARK RANGERS 4



The past few weeks friendlies Ive seen have been a bit one sided, this match was a later alteration for me, as Hazel was taking me to Loughborough Market, then on to Hathern FC v Beeston FC, but this morning, Hazel wasnt feeling too good and wanted me to stay local, so I looked at my blog list of NSL friendlies and this one was right up my street, just round the corner from Hazel's sons and partners so she could visit them and the grandkids, whilst I went to a new ground.

One thing I do like about pre season friendlies are when 2 teams play each other from different leagues, the FA Vase was always good to see that but now it doesnt go down to the level of grassroots football that Im involved or watch, so today AFC Normanton of the Central Midlands League hosted Notts Senior League's Woodthorpe Park Rangers.

We followed the Sat Nav and just before the Boundry pub it told us we had arrived, so Hazel parked in the pub car park and looked in to the field to see rugby posts, so I said drive past the pub car park, at which stage I spotted the Rangers Chair PJ.

Hazel dropped me off on my mobility scooter and I drove through a narrow walkway at the top in front for the pitch are the changing rooms and before entry to the changing rooms is the tea bar, where 2 lovely ladies served me to myt drink, being on a mobility scooter, I cant have a cup or id spill it, so I take along a flask and the kind ladies filled my flask and again just before half time.

The pitch is railed all round and tree lined behind the far goal, with to the right hand side a 2nd pitch.

The game was played in good spirit and was a god run out for both teams with players getting minutes under their belts before the kick off of their seasons in just a few weeks time.

A enjoyable day at a nice club, where my wife had to run back to for my friend who I had on the phone to get a badge for him.

Next Saturday me and Hazel are at the UCL Hop match at Retford FC v Gedling MW raising money for MND Support Group doing a tombola stall.

To view the 196 photos of todays match please click this LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE SAINTS MAKE IT FIVE UNBEATEN

 Kernow Stone St Piran League: Division One West ST IVES TOWN FC 3 WEST CORNWALL FC 0 From our holiday base, St Ives Town FC is possibly one...