SAM'S LATE BRACE BRAKES AFC'S AFTERNOON

 Eurosoccer Nottinghamshire Senior League: Premier Division

AFC DUNKIRK 2 ASLOCKTON & ORSTON FC 3



Having not been to AFC Dunkirk for a while and also not seeing Aslockton & Orston, I felt it was time to have a look at both sides.

On arrival I was greeted by both teams and soon had both teamsheets along with my flask filled with coffee, before I drove my scooter to the far side of the ground just before the players emerged on to the pitch.

On Friday evening Marbles on Twitter, often put programme covers on and he put Bingham Town v Ruddington Village in 2015 in a Groundhop match that I had organised, it was infact as I remarked the last game I saw a 0-0 draw.

After 30 minutes of this match, I felt I'd jinxed myself with the reply tweet, as some good passing football had been played by both teams but not really any efforts on goal, but all was to alter that in the 38th minute, when just inside the Dunkirk field of play, a slip by a home defender saw Aslockton's TYRELL GORDON sprint clear and slot the ball past the keeper to open the scoring.

Dunkirk pressed forward but it was the visitors who went in at half time with the slender lead. At this point a couple of the Aslockton parents asked if I wanted a drink fetching, but I still had my flask to drink, but it was very nice of them to ask. Meanwhile a gentleman named Mark Hill began to chat to me about how many games he had seen this season, so I guessed he was a groundhopper and I introduced myself to him and he is a member of my Facebook page cqalled Non League Grounds of England Wales and Scotland that has over 21,000 members and it turns out I had tweeted his tweets on twitter from midweek games he had visited other NSL games at Cotgrave and Radcliffe Olympic, we talked throughout the second half.

The players came back on to the pitch for the Second Half and Dunkirk looked more committed and pressed forward and were soon on level terms after 52 minutes when WILL MUSSON squared things up.

This game then turned in to AFCF's favour on 54 minutes, when a loose ball fell to SCOTT ABBEY who drilled a low powerful  shot from 35 yards out that just bulleted the back of the net to everyone surprise to turn the match round and give AFC a 2-1 lead.

Chance went begging at both ends in a flowing entertaining game, but on 80 minutes, the homesters felt upset as a player was on the right wing andthe visiting keeper came out and took him down with the ball going away from the attacker and a covering defender, to which in my eyes was a yellow card, but several Dunkirk folks disagreed, this decison seemed to effect AFC as they seemed to loose concentration and after 88 minutes Aslockton broke down the right wing and SAM BRAKEWELL tapped in the equaliser.

With the clock running down, I felt a draw was a fair result, but Aslockton felt differently, as again in the 90th minute, they broke down the right wing and a shot that looked like it was put in by a young sub, was confirmed in the clubhouse after the match,that it was SAM BRAKEWELL that actually scored it to seal the three points for the visitors.

Personally I felt referee Lewis Quayle and his 2 young Assistant Referees all had a good match.


I would like to thank Lewis for his kind donation of £5 to the Charity's Blog which is in aid of the MOTOR NEURONE DISEASE NOTTINGHAM SUPPORT GROUP, which now takes the running total up to £294.75p.

If anyone would like to make a donation no matter how small, the charity blog details are as follows:

AROUNDTHEGROUNDS CHARITY BLOG

Sort Code: 30-98-97

Account: 70342862

We do have a upcoming Charity Match as seen below on Saturday 15th June 2024 between a NSL REP TEAM against AC WOLLATON, at Ilkeston Town FC so please come along and support if you can, the more the merrier


Please find the 143 photos from todays match on the LINK




No comments:

Post a Comment

THE SAINTS MAKE IT FIVE UNBEATEN

 Kernow Stone St Piran League: Division One West ST IVES TOWN FC 3 WEST CORNWALL FC 0 From our holiday base, St Ives Town FC is possibly one...