BUTTERFLY CHEQUE FOR £2,700

 BUTTERFLY CHARITY CHEQUE PRESENTATION FOR £2,700


2022 I was nominated for the BBC Make A Difference award and got to the final 12 in the East Midlands area,during the interview, I was asked what would be my charity blog for 2023 and said BUTTERFLY, a small group of volenteers that run a charity shop and help and support men, women and children who have been through violence. A charity match with a big raffle and clubs as I went round all chipped in along with supporters and other people like Herbie & Sue who sponsored 20p each goal they see scored, Graham Moseley the same and Stephen Muff who all send me a cheque at the end of the season, I did a first ever programme for Notts Senior League club Notts Olympic FC where those who bought via post the money went to the charity blog.

In October, I fell very ill, having 3 heart attacks and on the 3rd the Kings Mill Hospital staff in Mansfield had to bring me back to life and put in another stent, since then its been bedrest and cardio slow physio to which  finished last week, so the fundraising had to go on hold and so did football.

I am though nearly back to pitchside, as I was struggling on my stroller and was advised to get a battery charged scooter,, to which I have.

For BUTTERFLY I raised just over £2,693 but chucked in the extra to round it up to £2,700, as I handed the cheque over, the founder Jordan was close to tears, as she said, you dont know how many people this money will help and support. It is always a pleasure to hand the cheques over every year, but I cant do it and raise the amount I do without the people and clubs that support me and also my good lady Hazel who drives me to matches and does the raffles at the Notts Senior League Cup Finals.

I always choose small charities where there are no paid workers, so each penny goes to those users, this year I have chosen the Nottingham Motor Neurone Disease Support Group, who meet each month to help and support people and their families. We have all seen the sad story of Rob Burrows the Rugby League player and how a life can change so quickly overnight, the money he has raised has gone in to research and awareness, but is not coming down to the support groups to help them to aid more people.

If anyone would like to make a donation, the charity blogs details are as follows:

AROUNDTHEGROUNDS CHARITY BLOG

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 70342862

SORT CODE: 30-98-97


No comments:

Post a Comment

THE SAINTS MAKE IT FIVE UNBEATEN

 Kernow Stone St Piran League: Division One West ST IVES TOWN FC 3 WEST CORNWALL FC 0 From our holiday base, St Ives Town FC is possibly one...